Come and meet our team
Virgin Care are hosting a virtual recruitment event giving you the chance to meet our dedicated team, learn about the services and find out what exciting opportunities we can offer you.
Are you seeking an opportunity to develop and progress within your Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapy career? Do you want to work within an incredibly supportive and friendly team? Then why not come along and see what’s in store for you?
We offer vast opportunities for continuous professional development and learning. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees’ desires to progress and we encourage their career advancement, therefore upon joining us, you will be supported and guided through your tailored career path to reach your goals and aspirations.
We are looking for:
- Band 5 Occupational Therapist
- Band 6 Occupational Therapist
- Band 5 Community Physiotherapist
- Band 6 Community Physiotherapist
- Band 6 Physiotherapist
- Band 7 Pain Physiotherapist
- Band 7 Spinal Physiotherapist
- Band 8a Pain Specialist Physiotherapist
How does it work?
Click apply and register with us today! One of our Recruitment Advisors will be in touch with a link to Microsoft Teams that you can follow to join us on the day.
Event: Virtual Recruitment open day
Where: Microsoft Teams
When: Tuesday 30th November 2021
Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
If you would like to discuss the event further, please contact our Recruitment Advisor, Sophie Sedgley on Sophie.Sedgley@virgincare.co.uk
The Ideal Candidate
You'll join a team who are focused on clinical excellence. Your days will be rewarding and varied and include offering support to adults and their families to reduce hospital admission and enable adults to stay living at home independently. You must have relevant qualifications and HCPC registration.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
As well as AfC terms and conditions including an NHS pension, you’ll have access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Free onsite parking
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
From 11 November 21, as a result of new legislation, anyone over the age of 18 who enters a Care Home as part of their job must have had both doses of a COVID-19 vaccination or hold a valid medical exemption.
As part of our pre-employment process we will therefore ask you to provide:
- proof of your vaccination status via the NHS Covid Pass (either electronically or via the PDF)
- A signed copy of the temporary medical exemption form
Further details about the legislation can be found on the government website.
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.