Surrey Recruitment Open Day - Farnham Hospital
Saturday 16th October 2021
10am – 2pm
We are on the lookout for Community Nurses (band 5 and 6 as well as specialist roles), Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists as well as a whole host of other roles! We can offer full time, part time and bank shifts.
So, if you think you're ready to be part of something special, come along to our open day, where you will have the chance to meet with the team, find out more about exciting roles.
Here at Virgin Care the management structure is visible and you will feel supported by all managers out in the services! Virgin Care has a friendly and stable team with fantastic relationships and great team spirit!
We offer AfC terms and conditions for our registered roles and NHS Pension, access to our Virgin Tribe offering where you are eligible for various Virgin discounts, as well as wellbeing initiatives, oh and did we mention free tea and coffee?!
So, no need to book in for the day, but if you would like further detail before the day please contact Ryan in the Recruitment Team on Ryan.Shortall@virgincare.co.uk or register your interest on this advertisement and we can contact you to discuss further! Then come see us on the day!
- Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with all patients.
- To perform comprehensive assessment of patients with diverse presentations, complex physical and psychological conditions and multi-pathologies using clinical reasoning skills.
- Formulate and deliver specialised individual occupational therapy treatment programmes based on a sound knowledge of evidence-based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, reasoning skills and utilizing a wide range of highly specialized physical, sensory and cognitive treatment skills following analysis of information received from the patient, carers and referrer, including any other professional involved.
- Formulate accurate prognoses for rehabilitation and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans, liaising with relevant professionals and more senior colleagues as appropriate.
- Evaluate patient progress, reassess, and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To represent the therapy team/service internally and externally regarding Occupational Therapy services in their clinical area.
- To manage clinical risk within own patient caseload.
The Ideal Candidate
On the day we will have recruitment advisors hiring managers, and colleagues from each banding range. You will be able to discuss with colleagues how they have progressed through the bands and how we have been able to support with professional development. As we will have recruitment advisors available on the day, we can talk you through interviewing techniques and support you with the writing of your CV and how to best display your skillset.
The Surrey Recruitment open day at Farnham Hospital is a great opportunity for you to come and see all the great work the services at Virgin Care in Surrey provide. You will be able to discuss opportunities with the management team get an understanding for the type of work we do and how you could be an integral part of this.
As a Band 6 Occupational Therapist you will receive agenda for change terms and conditions and an NHS pension aswell as having access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Laptop and Mobile enabling fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
- Agenda for Change holidays + Bank Holidays
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission