Surrey Recruitment Open Day - Farnham Hospital
Saturday 16th October 2021
10am – 2pm
We are on the lookout for Community Nurses (band 5 and 6 as well as specialist roles), Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists as well as a whole host of other roles! We can offer full time, part time and bank shifts.
So, if you think you're ready to be part of something special, come along to our open day, where you will have the chance to meet with the team, find out more about exciting roles.
Here at Virgin Care the management structure is visible and you will feel supported by all managers out in the services! Virgin Care has a friendly and stable team with fantastic relationships and great team spirit!
We offer AfC terms and conditions for our registered roles and NHS Pension, access to our Virgin Tribe offering where you are eligible for various Virgin discounts, as well as wellbeing initiatives, oh and did we mention free tea and coffee?!
So, no need to book in for the day, but if you would like further detail before the day please contact Ryan in the Recruitment Team on Ryan.Shortall@virgincare.co.uk or register your interest on this advertisement and we can contact you to discuss further! Then come see us on the day!
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records in line with the CSP standards of practice.
- To perform comprehensive physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations, complex physical and psychological conditions and multi-pathologies using clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition. This may include interpretation and analysis of clinical and non – clinical information and investigations.
- To demonstrate dexterity, co –ordination and palpatory senses for assessments and manual treatment of patients.
- Formulate and deliver specialist individual physiotherapy treatment programmes based on a sound knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, reasoning skills and knowledge of treatment skills e.g. manual physiotherapy techniques, patient education, exercise classes, and other alternative options.
- Formulate accurate prognoses and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans, liaising with GP’s, consultants and more senior colleagues as appropriate.
- Evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To manage clinical risk within own patient caseload.
- To take delegated responsibility from the appropriate senior therapy staff for managing patients with particular conditions and be responsible for providing Physiotherapy assessment and treatment plans for patients with these conditions.
The Ideal Candidate
On the day we will have recruitment advisors hiring managers, and colleagues from each banding range. You will be able to discuss with colleagues how they have progressed through the bands and how we have been able to support with professional development. As we will have recruitment advisors available on the day, we can talk you through interviewing techniques and support you with the writing of your CV and how to best display your skillset.
The Surrey Recruitment open day at Farnham Hospital is a great opportunity for you to come and see all the great work the services at Virgin Care in Surrey provide. You will be able to discuss opportunities with the management team get an understanding for the type of work we do and how you could be an integral part of this.
As a Band 6 Physiotherapist you will receive agenda for change terms and conditions and an NHS pension aswell as having access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Laptop and Mobile enabling fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
- Agenda for Change holidays + Bank Holidays
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.