As a Sexual Health Nurse you’ll be working as part of the NHS system in Townside Primary Care Centre , Bury where we deliver sexual health services across Rochdale and Oldham.
You will work within the Contraception & Sexual Health Service providing holistic care for individuals attending for contraception, screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections in locality clinics and outreach provision providing an integrated contraception & sexual health service across the Borough.
As a sexual health nurse you will
- have a key role in the delivery of contraception & sexual health services to the population within the organisation and in provision of outreach services within the community.
- work in all areas of the clinical area and the role will include working independently within nurse led clinics
- The role will also include health education and promotion around contraception and sexually transmitted infections.
- To provide specialised advice around contraception & sexual health and the best possible care to service users on an individual basis, to support clinical governance within the organisation.
- To issue treatment for sexually transmitted infections within the boundaries of Patient Group Directions
The Ideal Candidate
You will have at least one years’ experience of working in sexual health services (Contraception and/or GUM)
Hold a relevant Contraception / Reproductive health qualification
Letter of competency in subdermal implants / coils would be desirable
We have built organisation-wide committees in many specialist fields. You’ll have the option to join your clinical specialism, networking with professionals from across the country. We get together regularly, auditing and sharing standard methodology for innovation and service re-design. You’ll be a part of the pool of subject matter experts bringing together clinical and operational leads. You will be a part of quality improvements, research and development activity. Here we recognise and celebrate clinical excellence and dedication.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
You will receive Band 6 salary and terms and conditions – including an NHS pension -
As well as AfC terms and conditions, you’ll have access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our rated services considered overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
About the Company
From 11 November 21, as a result of new legislation, anyone over the age of 18 who enters a Care Home as part of their job must have had both doses of a COVID-19 vaccination or hold a valid medical exemption.
As part of our pre-employment process we will therefore ask you to provide:
- proof of your vaccination status via the NHS Covid Pass (either electronically or via the PDF)
- A signed copy of the temporary medical exemption form
Further details about the legislation can be found on the government website.
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.