Do you have experience of working in reward, wellbeing and inclusion? Would you like to help contribute to the transformation of NHS healthcare and support the local community and broader NHS during these exceptional times?
We are now looking for a talented individual to lead our Reward, Wellbeing and Inclusion team.
The team is based in our Runcorn office, but we embrace flexible working – so you can chose to work where’s best for you (provided you can attend the office for essential face to face activities).
Using your understanding and knowledge of your specialisms (reward, wellbeing and EDI) you will successfully champion and lead the three core areas of the role, including:
- Development and refinement of our Reward strategy and frameworks
- Proactively manage our annual reward activity (e.g. benefits renewals, pay awards, bonus cycles etc) by delivering through the team
- Own our internal reward governance framework
- Ensure compliance with the relevant national frameworks
- Provide expertise as and when required on large national and local projects when a senior reward lens is required
- Ownership of our salary benchmarking activity
- Responsibility for our internal fleet management
Wellbeing and engagement
- Ownership of our wellbeing strategy and associated workplan, and ensure objectives are delivered on time and within budget
- Oversight of the annual colleague survey
Diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Development of and champion the delivery of our DIB Strategy and work plan
- Accountability for our annual reporting (including WRES and Gender Pay Gap)
- Partner with leaders across the organisation on diversity and belonging issues related to the colleague life cycle
- Lead on the creation of an organisation wide working group to lead on self-facilitating network groups
- Oversight of DIB metrics and KPIs to ensure we’re on track to deliver our objectives
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is CIPD qualified (or working towards qualification) or who will be able to demonstrate comparable knowledge and professional standards.
We recognise the team has a broad remit. Whilst the ideal candidate would have strong practical experience of working in all three areas of expertise, we’re happy to hear from exceptional people managers with experience of at least one of these areas of expertise (provided they have relevant generalist experience of those other areas) who can demonstrate how they have developed and delivered through others.
The successful candidate will be able to influence and partner with stakeholders across the organisation and at all levels. Strong attention to detail and analytical skills (as well as a structured and organised approach) are essential. They will be resilient, with a positive attitude.
Prior experience of working within healthcare would be advantageous (or experience of equivalent sectors), as would prior experience of working within a complex organisation with a variety of terms and conditions and reward frameworks.
They will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel (strong excel skills are essential).
You will feel valued as a Reward, Wellbeing and Inclusion Lead within Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Laptop and Mobile enabling fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.