This is an exciting opportunity to join our Primary Care team. We are looking for an individual who is just as passionate as us about ensuring we provide the best care to patients. You will ensure Clinical and Operational quality across our Primary Care and Urgent Care services working as part of our Primary Care Senior Leadership Team, supporting our Service Leads.
The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for providing oversight on clinical and operational quality and effectiveness across all Primary Care and Urgent Care Services and for ensuring the services provide accurate and appropriate clinical quality information for internal and external partner assurance.
This is a high profile post responsible for the support and oversight of Service Leads to ensure delivery of safe and effective care by overseeing the management of quality across a portfolio of primary care services.
You will advise the Business Unit Senior Leadership team on the requirements needed to meet all quality and clinical regulatory and professional standards and support the collation and presentation of contractual clinical quality information to meet the relevant CQUINS / KPIs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree Level Education
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience working in a Health and social care environment, preferably in Primary Care.
- Competent in Incident investigation including root cause analysis
- A comprehensive understanding of Complaints management including investigation, trend analysis and responses.
- Experience of Service Delivery and improvement
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in healthcare of clinical effectiveness, Quality and Safety.
- Commitment to keep up to date with developments in own specialist area and to ensure that work reflects current knowledge
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
You will receive a salary of £55,000 and and NHS Pension if you have professional registration.
As well as a competitive salary you’ll have access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Laptop and Mobile enabling fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.