At Virgin Care, we’ve created a working environment where everyone can really feel the difference.
It’s the kind of place where nothing’s too much trouble. Where our service is seamless. Where you’ll feel empowered, listened to, valued and where we’ll support you to bring your best self to work every day. And that’s just the beginning.
Since 2006, we’ve delivered innovative and refreshing health and social care services to millions of people by developing our own unique approach where our patients are at the centre of everything we do. And right now, we’re looking for a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist to join our Community Musculoskeletal Service in Luton to help us continue to change things for the better.
As a Extended Scope Practitioner you will be working closely with the Clinical Lead to deliver high quality, individualised, evidence based care to all patients, maintaining accurate records in line with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy standards, maintaining confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and share your experience and knowledge with other team members. You’ll care for patients and their families in the way that you believe is best, delivering our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work.
You will be an HCPC registered Physiotherapist with previous experience of musculoskeletal physiotherapy. You will be a pro-active learner and you will be supported in your development in this field. You will have strong communication and organisation skills, and a flexible approach will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey.
But what’s in it for you? Well, we offer a competitive band 8a salary, NHS pension, lots of training and development, great perks including being part of the Virgin Tribe giving access to exclusive offers as well as discounts on Virgin products and services! All this and flexible working patterns that can help anyone perfect their work/life balance.
If you’d like to discuss the role further, please contact Emma Anton-Read: Emma.Anton-Read@virgincare.co.uk
You’re welcome to come in for an informal visit, meet our friendly team and ask any queries you may have before you apply.
Virgin Care are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Virgin Care Limited reserves the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
- To independently determine the clinical diagnosis and future clinical management of patients through clinical assessment, requesting and interpretation of results of specific medical investigations such as MRI, X rays and pathology tests etc.;
- Contribute to the education of the other healthcare professionals and GPs in the physiotherapeutic management of orthopaedic / musculoskeletal conditions.
- To contribute to multidisciplinary audit research and evaluation of the clinical effectiveness and evidence base for the management of orthopaedic/musculoskeletal conditions.
- To provide highly skilled assessment, plan, initiate and evaluate appropriate individual patient care programs in written and verbal format.
- To determine, without supervision, the future clinical pathway of patients referred into MSK clinics.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL TRAINING
Educated to degree level within the field of physiotherapy medicine
Ideally Trained in administration of corticosteroid injections
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:-
Ability to demonstrate a highly skilled knowledge, understanding and ability to apply new research evidence and established theory into clinical practice.
An understanding of how beliefs, values, emotions, culture, social environments and other conditions affect models of intervention and patient participation.
knowledge of health, healthcare and social service agencies related to specialties of physiotherapy and orthopaedics.
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing
Demonstrates empathy at all times
An excellent “people person”
Good negotiation skills
Knowledge of NHS frameworks, policies and practices
Patient record systems / choose and book
You will receive an Agenda for Change 8a salary including an NHS pension
As well as AfC terms and conditions, you’ll have access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.