We’re looking for Community Nurse’s to join our Bath and North East Somerset Community Nursing Service with a base at Keynsham to help us continue to change things for the better. The community nursing team works across a 7 day service.
Within this role, you will:
- responsible for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning delivery and evaluation of care to patients within their own homes.
- implement, monitor and maintain high standards of care delivery at all times.
- care for patients and their families in the way that you believe is best
- deliver our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a NMC/1st level registered Nurse, you will have the ability to work both independently and also as part of a wider multidisciplinary team. It is expected that you should have strong communication and organisation skills and a flexible approach which will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey. You will have a full UK driving license with access to a car for work purposes.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
You will feel valued as a Community Nurse with Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- AfC 20/21 salary and terms and conditions –including an NHS pension
- Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to Virgin Tribe -our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.