Are you a caring and innovative Speech and Language Therapist wishing to further develop your skills, working with preschool and school age children with speech, language and communication needs as part of a supportive and progressive team? Do you want the opportunity to extend your clinical knowledge in specialist areas, such as complex needs, dysphagia and autism? Are you interested in working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall “good” or “outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission?
You will be working with an integrated Therapies Team that is part of our innovative and award winning Essex Child and Family Wellbeing service, where we are trail blazing a new operating model that is taking the healthcare market by storm – We are presenting to government and other Local Authorities around the country on our integrated partnership model with Barnardo’s – a model that drives efficiencies so we can put more people in our services, spending time with children and families to improve health outcomes in the local community.
As a Speech and Language Therapist you will offer support to children and young people, their families and other service users. You will work closely with colleagues in our Pre-Birth to 19 years team and our Specialist Children’s Services, including our innovative JADES (Autism assessment and early support) pathway. You will also work with other partners in Health, Education and Social Care to reduce the impact of speech and language difficulties, to allow children to participate in daily life and inspire them to reach their full potential.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a Degree or post graduate degree level qualification in Speech and Language Therapy. You will also be registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council and Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy.
You will have access to regular clinical supervision and ongoing continued professional development including external clinical networks. You will be part of team who recognises and celebrates clinical excellence steered by evidence-based practice.
As well as AFC terms and conditions, you’ll have access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.