As an Administrator you’ll join a team who are focused on delivering impeccable customer service to our staff and service users / continuous improvement through the use of technology and innovation to really make our service users and staff feel the difference.
Hours: 08:00 - 16:00 Monday - Friday (either based at Gravesham Community Hospital or Livingstone Community Hospital, to be confirmed at a later date.)
The position will be part of a wider business support function and has a key role in providing secretarial, clinical administrative and organisational support across the full range of office and service activities, including the smooth running of the office and secretarial/administrative support to a range of frontline clinical colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our Administration Team.
The post-holder will require:
- to be office based within a Community Hospital setting Monday to Friday.
- excellent attention to detail, good organisational skills, be an effective communicator with a positive approach to support colleagues across the Business Unit and the stakeholders that use our services.
- an administrative background with excellent organisational skills and be prepared to travel across the Business Unit (Dartford, Gravesham, Sittingbourne and Sheppey - if required).
- to be efficient and a highly motivated individual who will need to work flexibly within the team and across the Business Unit .
- to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
You will feel valued as an Administrator within Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £19,737 and access to our group pension
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters.
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development.
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users.
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of services within our organisation being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
About the Company
From 11 November 21, as a result of new legislation, anyone over the age of 18 who enters a Care Home as part of their job must have had both doses of a COVID-19 vaccination or hold a valid medical exemption.
As part of our pre-employment process we will therefore ask you to provide:
* proof of your vaccination status via the NHS Covid Pass (either electronically or via the PDF)
* A signed copy of the temporary medical exemption form
Further details about the legislation can be found on the government website
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.