We are looking for an, Admin Lead to work within our Milton Keynes dermatology service providing a comprehensive and high-quality reception and admin support.
The post holder will oversee the management of administrative systems, processes, and colleague development in line with required internal and external standards. They will be a key member of the team who will act as a primary source of advice and guidance.
You will also be expected to work collaboratively with key team members including the Service Manager, Clinical Lead, and the Nursing Team to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the Dermatology Service.
As the admin lead, you will be:
- Coordinating the work plans for the clinic team and uploading new clinics in advance to enable the smooth booking of appointments
- Communicating with team members - results of key performance indicators and encouraging team to achieve these
- Leading the recruitment of admin/reception colleagues, and supporting broader recruitment activity within the service
- Active monitoring and validation of waiting lists
- Management of team rotas, ensuring that the service has adequate administrative staffing levels at all time (including management of annual leave / sickness etc)
- Maintain data quality ensuring all information is promptly and accurately recorded
- Contributing fully and constructively in team meetings, performance feedback, coaching sessions, and training courses / workshops.
- Being receptive to and acting upon feedback and coaching
- Clinical and corporate governance are achieved. This will include but is not limited to:
- To ensure compliance with and implementation of all administration policies and procedures.
- To adhere to the care quality commission standards and other regulatory requirements and ensure evidence remains up to date.
- Complaints and incidents
- Support complex administrative activity
- To cover for reception / act as chaperon as and when needed.
The Ideal Candidate
Will have the following experience:
- Computer literate: able to use Microsoft Word and email and other Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with colleagues and patients
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to produce work of a high standard with attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
You will feel valued as an Admin Lead with Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive salary - £25,000.00 per annum
- Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to Virgin Tribe -our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms, and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking, and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.